"the next best thing to new..."
Floors So Beautifully Cleaned, Everyone Will Be Jealous.
*Cleaning *Restoration *Protection
Carpet - Tile - Wood - Stone
Ketchup Stain Cleaning Tips in Dallas/Fort Worth
Ketchup & Tomato Stain Removal
Ketchup (catsup) and other tomato-based sauces are reddish brown and cause both absorbed and built up types of stains. They generally contain tomatoes, salt, sugar, spices, tannin, vinegar, onions, artificial coloring, preservatives, etc.
Stain Removal Ingredients
- AMMONIA 1 Tbsp. clear household ammonia in 1/2 cup water. Always pre-test.
- DETERGENT 1-2 drops colorless, mild detergent or dishwashing liquid in 1 cup lukewarm water.
- ENZYME DETERGENT Mix enzyme detergent per instructions on package and allow to remain on stain recommended time. Do not over wet. CAUTION: Enzymes can damage natural fibers like wool. Use with care or Call Us.
- WHITE VINEGAR 1/3 cup white household vinegar in 2/3 cup water.
- Apply cool detergent solution, blot.
- Apply ammonia solution, blot.
- Apply enzyme solution, blot. (Note Caution above about using enzymes on natural fibers)
- If stain remains, bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate is recommended - proceed with extreme caution, or call us.
- Apply pressure to the spot with a spatula or the back of a tablespoon to work spotting solution deep into spot. DO NOT SCRUB as this may cause nap distortion of the fiber.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.
(Dry cleaning solvent contains organic compound. Use carefully in strict accordance with manufacturer's instructions. Use in well ventilated space and avoid products containing Perchlorethylene.) Or Call Us.